– Risk of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea– Risk of bone fractures, especially with long-term use
– Patients with liver disease may require dose adjustment.– Long-term use may be associated with an increased risk of certain complications.– Consultation with a healthcare professional is necessary for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Duration of Treatment
– Treatment duration varies based on the specific condition being treated.– Short-term and intermittent use is common for some conditions, while GERD may require longer treatment.
– Nexium may interact with certain medications, including warfarin, diazepam, and certain antifungal drugs.– Inform healthcare providers of all medications being taken.
Consultation with Healthcare
– Always consult with a healthcare provider before starting or discontinuing Nexium.– Regular follow-up is essential to monitor for potential side effects and adjust treatment as needed.